R3 Data Recovery believe in being open and up front with users and customers and have developed our Privacy Promise, a quick and simple summary explaining how we manage, share and look after your information.
We promise to collect, process, store and share your data safely and securely:
- We work transparently: We will be transparent about the data we collect and how use that data so that you can make fully informed choices and decisions.
- We operate securely: We will protect the data that you entrust to us via appropriate security measures and controls. We’ll also ensure that other businesses we work with are just as careful with your data.
- For your benefit: When we do process your data, we will use it to benefit you and to make your experience better and to improve our products and services.
- You’re always in control: Your privacy will be respected at all times and we will put you in control of your privacy with easy-to-use tools and clear choices.
Who we are
"R3 Data Recovery" (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” or “our) is a trading name of:
R3 Data Recovery Ltd
Telephone: 0800 999 3282
Company Number: 05033569
ICO Registration Number: ZA016683
The data we hold
This section tells you what personal data we may collect and how we use it. When you use or services or contact we collect:
- Your personal details. This can include your title, name, job title and email address;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, such as your feedback and contributions to customer surveys;
- Your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Online identifiers, such as: your IP address, cookie information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, page functionality tracking and other communication data.
How we use your data
To provide you with an Outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO) service:
We use the information we hold about you and your business — both personal and otherwise to give you the best possible service where ever we can.
We also use your information to bill you and keep track of payments that you make.
(Legal basis: GDPR Art. 6(b): this is necessary to deliver the service to you.)
To Improve and enhance our services
We may use the logs from our servers to assist in our information and cyber security, as well as to determine visitor behaviour and help us plan our strategy (e.g. such as working out which pages on the site are most popular, or whether particular events have caused an increase in traffic).
(Legal Basis: GDPR Art. 6(c): we have legal and regulatory obligations to protect our clients and their information. GDPR Art. 6(f): strategy planning is a legitimate, and sensible, thing for a business to do.)
Sharing your data
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
How we look after your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable security measures and controls. We'll also ensure that other businesses we work with are just as careful with your data.
- We will always take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorised access of your personal information.
- We always ensure your data is encrypted and secure.
- We will continually test, audit and monitor our compliance with Information Security standards and relevant Data Protection regulations.
- We will ensure that any 3rd parties (where relevant) who process your data operate under a Data Sharing Agreement.
Where we process your data
We do not transfer or process data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless where the nature of the processing requires it (for example, where we are emailing a party who is based outside the EEA, or because you have chosen to use an email or other communications service which routes data outside the EEA).
How long we hold your data
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it, we will provide detailed information about our retention in this section before 25th May 2018 to give you an understanding of how long those periods are.
You have lots of rights in relation to how we process your personal data. The relevant rights are:
- To get access to your personal data and information about our processing of it;
- In some circumstances, restrict our processing of your data for strategy planning purposes, and compel us to erase the bits we do not use for security purposes;
- Object to our processing for strategy planning purposes;
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us.
Not Happy or Concerned?
If you feel that R3 Data Recovery has not upheld your rights, we ask that you contact our Director, Andy Butler, so that we can try and help; Andy's details can be found in the 'How to contact us' section.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the law you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Their details are supplied below:
Address: Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
How to contact us
R3 Data Recovery Ltd
Telephone: 0800 999 3282
We work transparently: We will be transparent about the data we collect and how use that data so that you can make fully informed choices and decisions.
What our customers say about us
A 1TB hard drive failure with many valued photographs led me to R3. Very impressed with their calm professional approach, rapid courier collection and excellent ongoing email updates with full data recovery. Price? Well, what price memories? Highly recommended.